Tuesday, March 1, 2011

All over once more

If only there was a restart button in life.

This idea had always been lingering in my mind all along. But it got ignited, enough for me to write something there, yesterday after my tuition session with my student.

She's only sec1, but she's one chatty girl! She so happened to ask me my O level grades and what will I do if I could re-do my O levels again. And at that moment, it struck me. What will happen if I could start all over again? Will I let my final outcome(me pursuing a degree in bio science in ntu) dictate what subjects I should have taken in secondary and jc days? Or, will I study harder for the subjects I was alrd holding on to, so that I could get into a course of my choice?

I think the biggest mistake I've made was to allow my results decide where I will go all the time. Since I was in p6 taking my PSLE then to O levels and even up till A levels. And I have to agree, it was a bad method to adopt. I am always envious of people who have goals/aims in life. Even if they were super ambitious. At the very least, they have something to work towards to. And me? I've nothing, even till now, I have no idea what I wanna be in the future. Maybe that's how the idea of being 'tai-tai's came about. Its something those who have no ambitious will tell others. Its a good 'excuse' isn't it?? Heh.

My student, who's only sec1 told me that her aim is to get into stanford. She wanna be a lawyer. I won't say anything to put her down, definitely. But all I can say is, she really has a lot to work on if she want her dream to come true.

Many at times, I've been put down again and again. (Not by others, but my own grades.) So much so that I've lost the courage to dare to dream. Why? Not only does it cost a bomb to go after a dream, it doesn't guarantee that I will achieve the grades I want. So as for now, I can only stick to whatever I've been 'bestowed' upon. =S

I've learnt to suck it up and move on. Work for what I want and get what I can afford - a degree at ntu. No matter if I've interest in that course or not. Sux2bme. :C

Wish me luck :/

No comments:

Post a Comment